Happy Fourth of July, please remember we are closed today. We do not have an official WOD, but if you are doing the burpee challenge, you know you got to do your 25 burpees today. Good luck, have fun and stay safe..
Take up this 30 day burpee challenge this month and tone up and boost your leg, butt, core muscles and body strength to the max. Besides it is a lot of fun, even Ruben Lugo is looking forward to finish this.
The challenge has 1 exercise which you have to do each day, and the time spent doing the exercise slowly increases day by day to help you build up your core body muscle strength gradually, ensuring you are able to complete the final day of the challenge easily.
Get them done and visit our facebook burpee challenge group
Nice job to those who tackled 14.3. We heard that some had a hard time with it, it is one of those workouts that really can’t be done again and again as it is very hard on your back. We hope you did awesome, if not, 14.4 is coming your way.. Enjoy the week everyone.
I have always been of the opinion that more of your success with CrossFit (and your overall life) has to do with your mental capacity more so than your physical capacity. The way the Elite CrossFitters think is the main reason why they are the Elite.
Here are the Mental characteristics of the Elite:
-They all have a coach. It is much more productive to have someone with a third party objective to help you skip unnecessary steps and push yourself further. The coaches at HGX are here to support you, take advantage of them.
-They are cool under pressure. If you were to watch their faces in the heat of competition in each event they are always in control, constantly breathing throughout the WOD and stick to their game plan. They know what to do and how to do it, they have practiced.
-They are always positive. I didn’t see anyone complain about a WOD, movement, weight, etc… They understand that to be the best it doesn’t matter what the WOD is, how HOT is was, how HEAVY the weight is, it only matters who they are. They trust themselves, their training, their support group around them, focus on the task at hand and block out any negative thoughts!
-They have appropriate goals and expectations of their performances. CrossFit is a numbers game. They know their numbers. They know what it takes to hit those numbers. They are focused on hitting those numbers.
-They don’t worry about other competitors or uncontrollable factors. They understand that they are 100% responsible for their success. Their success has about nothing to do with anything outside of them and has everything to do with everything inside of them.
If you notice all of the techniques they use, you COULD use. I find that the elite are not that much further ahead than any of YOU. In fact, a lot of them were in your shoes at one point. They were on your physical and athletic level. The only difference is they have put the extra work, stretched they self belief/self-worth and are determined to reach their FULL potential.
Partially published by CrossFit 818
Because the Open is here.. I thought we should revisit the CrossFitter Mindset. Read below and enjoy the Open and the lifestyle of health and fitness you have chosen. Thanks for being part of the HGX family..
1) I will promise to do my best. My best will vary from day to day, from hour to hour, from minute to minute. But in that minute, I will do the very best than I can.
2) Lactic acid is my friend. The wind is my friend. Anything that opposes me is actually helping me to become stronger. If I had no opposition, I would be weak.
3) If I can run, I run. If I have to walk, I walk. When I am forced to crawl, I crawl. And then I rest and live to fight another day.
4) I fear no man but I fear my workout. If I don’t fear my workout, it isn’t hard enough.
5) I may puke. I may cry. But I will not quit. Ever.
6) I never cheat. There is no honor in cheating. What joy can there be in a victory I did not earn?
7) The workout missed is the opportunity missed. I will not cheat myself of the opportunity to become a better athlete and person.
8) I understand the value of the Push up, the Pull up, the Sit up, the Squat, and the Deadlift. Just as there are million ways to make chicken, so too there are a million ways to squat, sit up, pull up, push up, and dead lift.
9) I will give everything I have and then I will find more within myself.
10) I don’t complain. Complaining is for crybabies. There are 11,232 babies born in the US everyday. I will leave the cryig to them and I will soldier on.
11) I will bite off challenges, spit out results, and beg for more. What are YOU going to do?
Originally published in Transformcrossfit
@ 85% 1RM
Rest at least 1 minutes between sets
10 Wallball 20/14#
20 KB Swings 53/35#
Rest 1 minute
3 Rounds 10 HSPU
Rest 1 minutes
10 Push Press 115/85#
10 C2B Pullups