Post by: coach Morganna
Recovery, Recovery, Recovery…
We hear it every day! All the coaches ask you, how are you recovering from WODs. Well, you may be able to workout every day and be a total beast, but are you recovering properly? What plays into that? Ummmmm… a lot plays into that!
Sleep: It is important to get 7-9 hours of deep sleep per night. Easier said than done right? Some of us have kids, multiple jobs, noisy neighbors, etc… But, 7-9 hours is something to strive for. When we sleep, growth hormone is made in our bodies and protein synthesis occurs. Brain cell restoration also occurs at this time and energy consumption reduction occurs. Sleep is when we recover the most, muscles are rebuilt and repaired, and our bodies have a chance to recover from the grueling workouts we put them through every day. Also, rest days are crucial, listening to your body when it is tired or run down, and taking that day to recover. Our muscles build when we rest, not when we are working out, when we workout, we are actually breaking our muscles down, we must be nice to them and give them rest days once in a while!
Our diet can really help or hinder our performance but also our recovery.
A diet high in omega 3s, antioxidants, protein, some carbohydrates, and good fats, will help us be at our peak. The famous paleo and crossfit nutrition phrase probably comes to mind while I speak about this, “Eat meats and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruits, little starch and no sugar.” These are great guidelines to stick with, and personally, have worked wonders for me! J
Making sure we get all our nutrients every day, is not always an easy task, that is why Homegrown Crossfit Has teamed up with Purepharma to make sure you perform at your best and also recover at your best!
Magnesium: Contains Zinc, B6, and Malic acid as well.
· Essential for muscle function and recovery after WODs
· Converts Carbohydrates into energy (yay! It wont store it as fat!)
· Promotes sleep quality! We all need our 8 hours!
· Aids the digestion process of our foods!
Omega 3: IFOS Tested and Highest Quality on the Market Today.
· Reduces Inflammation in the body… Aka. RECOVERY
· Maintains cardiovascular health (definitely important for WODs)
· Maintains and Improves Brain Function (Score!)
· Improves Oxygen Deliver to the body.
· Assists in Weight loss and controlling blood sugar and lowering cholesterol
· Improves hair and skin (we all want to look and feel good right!? )
· Aids in Digestion
Vitamin D: Blended with Coconut Oil for Maximum absorption:
· Maintains strong bones (Perfect for PRs!)
· Builds immune system (Nobody likes to get sick!)
· Reduces risk of osteoporosis
· Reduces risk of depression (Don’t Worry! Be Happy!)
· Aids in Weight Loss (NEED I SAY MORE?)