We are happy to announce that soon we will be expanding. Our gym will take possession of an adjacent space. So for those thinking that we were moving, we are NOT, we are just going to be bigger and better. We are very excited about the future. Thank you very much for being part of the San Carlos Crossfit family.
“In the Middle Ages, they had guillotines, stretch racks, whips and chains. Nowadays, we have a much more effective torture device called the bathroom scale.” ~Stephen Phillips
If you’ve been lifting weights for a while then you are probably gaining muscle, which occupies less space than its equivalent weight in fat. Lean muscle looks better on your body, even if you don’t see a major change on the scale. However:
•You feel more energy.
•Your resting heart rate lowers.
•Bone Density Improves.
•Blood pressure and cholesterol levels improve.
•You sleep better.
•Clothes are fitting better.
•You can lift more weight (stronger).
•Your range of motion increases (flexibility).
•You can run more without stopping to walk.
•Excellent yearly checkups with your doctor.
As our beloved Forty Niners get ready to kick some Raven Ass this weekend, there is a couple of stats that nobody is talking about... food stats.
As reported by USA today, during Superbowl weekend
- 1st- where Super Bowl ranks in terms of home parties. It is even bigger than New Year's Eve.
- 2nd- Where the Super Bowl ranks in food consumption
- 17- The average number of partiers at each Super Bowl Party.
- 8 million pounds of of popcorn people will eat
- 14,000 The tons of chips that they will eat
- 111 Millions Gallons of Beer
- 4,400,000 the number of Pizzas Pizza Hut and Domino's Pizza expect to sell during the Super Bowl
With those numbers, make sure you don't get in the game of binge eating while the Niners are kicking some butt!! Enjoy the weekend.