REMINDER: June 2011 Paleo Fare and Performance Cooking Class (UPDATED)
We often get questions on how to cook, when to cook, what to cook, who to cook, where to cook…you get the idea, and now is your chance to get your hands dirty again with our resident pro, Amy Pinto. She is not only the genius behind the retardedly addictive nut butter that stocks our fridge, but also the author of Performance Cooking blog, our go to Paleo Chef, and an overall amazing asset to the San Carlos CrossFit community.
So, here are the Rough Stats…
Where: San Carlos CrossFit, aka. the shop
When: Sunday, June 12th, 10am to Noon
What: Spring Meal Ideas and Prep (approx. 4 dishes), Dessert, Take Home Recipes & Spice Mix, and EATing!!
Menu: Mashed Cauliflower w/Carmelized Onions, Sauteed Mixed Mushrooms w/Arugula & Spinach, Steak w/Peppercorn Sauce, Jerk Chicken, Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Let us know if you are interested by Friday. Class will be limited to 20 people. Send reply to email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you sign up, please bring your own tupperware containers to bring home any leftovers we may have.
FIGHT FOR AIR STAIR CLIMB - THIS SATURDAY, MARCH 26TH
If you haven’t signed up and want to join in on the fun, do so now under Team San Carlos CrossFit. Or if you want to donate to American Lung Association in California and support your fellow gym mates go to DONATE HERE
Here are all the details you need, in order to prepare yourself for the climb:
TIGER BLOOD: If you don't have it, paint yourself with it, or drink some before breakfast.
CARPOOL: If you are interested in carpooling we will meet at the box (San Carlos CrossFit) at 7:45am.
CLIMB LOCATION: 555 California Street, San Francisco (between Montgomery and Kearny Streets)
CHECK-IN: Plaza in front of 555 California St.
TEAM SAN CARLOS CROSSFIT HEAT TIME: 9:30am
It is suggested that you wear comfortable clothing, appropriate for working out. Don't forget to display your team pride and spirit. If you own a San Carlos CrossFit shirt, wear it.
If you elect to drive, underground parking will be available at the 555 California building. Entrance to the garage is at Pine St. between Kearny and Montgomery. The Saturday rate is $4 every 20 minutes or $12 maximum. Payment methods accepted are cash, Visa, Master Card and American Express.
Once you arrive at the Plaza for the event, follow these simple steps to prepare for your ascent!
1. Check-in and turn in any donations. If you haven't met your $100 fundraising minimum, you will be asked to provide credit/debit card information to be held until April 23rd.
2. Pick up a climb t-shirt.
3. Pick up a bib and timing chip.
4. Check all gear at Gear Check.
5. Gather with your Team for a Team Photo on the Plaza steps.
6. Warm-up by CrossFit!
7. Listen for Wave-Times and when called, proceed to staging area.
Only the following items will be allowed on your person in the stairwell:
* IPOD or other MP3 style listening device
* Cash or credit card for cash bar on the 52nd floor banquet room
* Car keys
These items will NOT be allowed in the stairwell:
* Any water carrying container like a bottle or Camelpack. There are plenty of rehydration stations in the stairwells to get adequate water. This rule is for your safety and the safety of other climbers. We don't want anyone slipping on a water spill.
* Cameras. No photography is allowed in the stairwell except by our professional photographers.
* Fanny packs, back packs, purses, etc. Please plan to leave personal belongings at home, in your car, or at the gear check station on the Plaza. Items left at gear check will remain on the Plaza until you retrieve them upon your departure after the climb and celebration at the Post-Climb Party. Please note that gear check will close at 1 p.m.
You may send a camera or other personal belongings up to the Post-Climb Party on the 52nd floor with your guest, or after you climb, you can come back down by elevator to the Plaza to retrieve these items from gear check to have with you at the party.
Any other questions, let us know.
- SCCF Staff
fun da men tal |ˌfəndəˈmentl|
forming a necessary base or core; of central importance
After nearly 8 months, we are reintroducing our beginner's program, now titled the Fundamentals Series. These classes run in a sequential 12 class format that will introduce, and/or refresh all the building blocks and basic movements that you need to know. The curriculum is designed to develop proper movement patterns, motor control and confidence for success in our Level 1 group classes.
The reality is we all need to work on mastering the basics, and we hope that many of our existing SCCF family members, will consider dropping in on a session to fine tune your skills. With this purpose in mind, we will post an outline of the schedule at the gym, so you can better decide which class would be time well spent.
As for Newbies, and people interested in training at our facility, the Fundamentals Series is a requirement that must be met, in order to attend our other class offerings. Here's the skinny:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, @ 6 to 7pm
- New Client is welcome to try any "Fundamentals" class, free of charge
- After that, we require a 12 session commitment which must be completed with a PASSING grade. We are looking for clients who will commit to us, and most importantly, themselves.
- 12 sessions take 4 weeks to complete, but we know schedules are tight and life happens, so we give you 60 days (2 cycles) to finish.
- Cost: $200
Please remember, especially those of you that just joined us, that this is not designed to be a painful barrier of entry. This program is in place to improve the safety, efficacy, and longevity of your training!
- SCCF Staff